Riversdale House Restoration
The original homestead that stood on the site of Chevalier College dates back to 1875, known as Riversdale. The home designed by Canadian-born architect Horbury Hunt and known as Riversdale House has been part of the College campus over the last 70 years, being the residence for the priests over most of that time.
In recent years it has fallen into disrepair as the ravages of time and termites took their toll. The College is now seeking to stabilise the foundations and restore the building fabric and the help of our past students and the regional community is invited. A concept for a hospitality education centre with Riversdale House at its heart is also being developed.
Donations over $2 to the Chevalier College Building Fund are tax deductible and can help resurrect Riversdale House to its former glory.