Pledge for Chev
or select your own from the options below.
PLEDGE FOR CHEV IN OUR 75TH ANNIVERSARY YEAR
Many thousands of Chevalier students have made that journey of dreaming and action described by Father Doneley over the course of our 75 years of history.
The College is now inviting you to make a 75th birthday gift to recognise your own Chevalier journey. Many tell us they intend to give one day, or to renew a gift they have previously made. Now is the time to do that as we celebrate 75 years - heading confidently towards a centenary in 2046 - so that you can make your mark as a contributor to our Chev community.
With your gift, you can help the next Chevalier generation begin to achieve their dreams.
Please consider making this year the time for that special gift, or the pledge of one in the future, as part of a regular giving plan, whether it be monthly, quarterly or annually. No matter how small that commitment might seem, when combined with the contributions of others it can make a world of difference – literally - to a current or future Chev student and their family.
How much to make as a regular gift? You can choose monthly, quarterly or annual gifts. To mark the year we suggest making those pledged amounts some combination of $19.46 or $20.21 or $7.50 or $75. Then again larger gift pledges could be $1,946 or $2,021 or $7,500 or even $75,000.
Here are 10 ways to participate in our Pledge for Chev 75th anniversary campaign:
1. Join our Shield&Heart Chevalier Online Community and Chevalier Business and Community Directory.*
The first 12 months are free - so try it out first.
3. Become a donor to the John Fahey Scholarship and John Fahey Education and Sport Centre by sponsoring a seat in the new building at $1,000 (or $250 per year over 4 years). Donations over $2 are tax deductible. Seat donors will be recognised by a name index in the building near a special display of John Fahey's life and achievements.
4. Support our new Performing Arts Centre by sponsoring a seat at $1,500 (or $500 per year over 3 years or $25 per month over 5 years). Commemorate someone on the seat nameplate, yourself, parents, a teacher others who helped make your Chevalier journey an important part of your life. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
5. Become a major donor to the John Fahey Scholarship and John Fahey Education and Sport Centre or to our Performing Arts Centre by sponsoring a room or other major building elements. Recognition opportunities range from $10,000 to $100,000 in value for tax deductible gifts.
6. Br Dave Merrick Memorial Bursary – remember a much loved brother who was one of the original MSC that commenced in 1946 and worked here for much of the first half of the college's history. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
7. Chris Topp Memorial Bursary – remember a much loved and respected lay teacher who worked at Chev for much of the second half of our history, eventually becoming deputy principal and later, Chairman of the College Board. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
8. Fr Tyson Doneley Scholarship – remember an iconic rector, headmaster and sporting coach during the early 1960s whose leadership saw Chevalier begin a growth trajectory right up until the present day. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
9. Join the Founders Circle by becoming a H.J. Reid Fellow and promising a future gift in your Will that will help future generations participate in their own Chev journey. Ask for our information pack on this new program.
10. Pledge a gift to the Chevalier College Foundation to offer support to the school in the most beneficial way it can be used. The College will make a choice on where to direct the funds to either the Building Fund, Scholarship Fund or Charitable Support Fund. Donations over $2 are tax deductible.
* For most people in the professions or trades, a business directory entry or sponsoring and advertising in our Shield&Heart magazine and website would normally be tax-deductible as an allowable work-related promotional expense, as it would be to any business entity.
If you would like more information on any of these 10 giving options, please contact Paul McShane at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning